To keep these classes free please leave a donation for the teacher here. https://customclothingboutique.com/products/donat-to-motley-muse
Tip 1: Make Invitations Super Easy
It’s important to help the host invite guests. You want your host to succeed so she can enjoy host rewards and so you meet lots of new guests and make sales.
To help your host do this, you can provide personalized paper invitations (perhaps your company has them for you to use or make your own) or you can provide pretty images and proforma text she can message via text or Messenger to her friends as an invite.
Tip 2: Looks Matter
Looks are everything, it’s your calling card and your sales display.
With a little bit of attention your displays can look great, even if arranging a display is not your strong point.
Some quick ideas:
- Put ribbons around any towels or cloths that you might be using
- Float some beautiful flowers in a pretty bowl for a luxurious spa feel
- Add some candles to your display
- If you don’t have a company table cloth, use a neat black tablecloth. It looks stylish and professional and won’t clash with anything
- Make sure you devote some space to the business opportunity
- Also make some space to display incentives or information to encourage further bookings with you
- For displaying information sheets or opportunity posters, a pretty frame is essential
- Get yourself some stack display stands for small products (in a pinch you can use a cake stand to get some height)
- Don’t overload the display. Less is more.
Tip 3: Music Is Your Friend When You’re New To Direct Sales
When you’re new to party plan or direct selling, it may be hard for you to set the atmosphere.
By playing some music you set the mood immediately and it helps to make you look professional.
You can play spa-style music or perhaps something upbeat and motivational.
The kind of music you play really depends on your product or style of event. Think about the mood you want to set and choose some music accordingly.
Make sure it’s not too loud though, you don’t want guests or yourself to have to shout over it!
Tip 4: Use People’s Names
Use people’s names. Using a name is much more professional and friendly than “hey you“, or just avoiding names
altogether because you can’t remember.
You can use name tags for the guests to remember people’s names. By using names you show that you’re interested and that you care.
Tip 5: After Your Party
The party is over. The orders are in. But you’re not done yet!
- Have a think about what you can do to wow them with something unexpected
- Send the guests a thank-you card or message
- Put thank-you stickers on the receipt or delivery bag or put in a thank-you note
- Add a little seasonal treat such as Christmas candy canes or Easter eggs to the order
These are some very quick tips but the point is that they’re easy to do for brand new party plan or direct sales consultants.
Those of you who are no longer brand new, probably already apply these in your business.
Leaders: I’m curious what quick tips (cheap, easy, effective) would you give a new consultant?